TB Woods Dura-Flex couplings
Dura-Flex couplings are designed from the ground up using finite element analysis to maximize flex life.
TB Wood’s Dura-Flex couplings “split-in-half” element design allows for easy element installation/replacement without moving connected equipment or disturbing the shaft connection.
Spacer design can accommodate a large range of shaft spacing with few parts. Patented design of the urethane bond to the leading edge of the steel shoe bolted to the hub, minimizes bond stress for long coupling life.
These couplings are highly flexible and able to accommodate shaft misalignments (1/16” parallel misalignment and 4˚ angular misalignment) while minimizing torsional vibration and preventing damage to connected equipment.
Specially formulated polyurethane material provides superior weathering, chemical resistance, and dynamic properties.
- Torque up to 4.50 kNm; 39,500 in.lbs.
- Easy to assemble/replace
- High misalignment ratings
- No maintenance/lubrication
- Part-for-part interchangeable with industry standard design
- In-stock versatile spacer design can accommodate many configurations with few parts
- Bore-to-size (BTS), Sure-Grip bushed (QD), and Taper-Lock® hubs are available
- All dimensions including hardware and fasteners
Dura-Flex couplings can be found hard at work in many industries such as water treatment, paper and metal processing, power generation, and material handling. These couplings are ideal for a wide variety of applications with uniform to heavy shock loads including:
- Electric Motors